1. All drivers under 18 must have a notarized release signed by his/her parent or guardian. Those under 16 will not be permitted in the pit area without a waiver with parental signature.
2. No alcohol is permitted in the pit area or on the fairgrounds. Vehicles will be checked.
3. A $50 protest fee is required to contest another car.
4. Only drivers registered before the race are permitted to run in the derby. Any car found with an unregistered driver will be disqualified. Driver must run car he or she is registered to (no swapping) Exception: another vehicle may be used from another qualifying heat from the same event if vehicle can no longer compete, officials discretion, must inform officials before the feature event.
5. Helmet & eye protection are required. Fire suit, and or Long sleeved shirts and pants are recommended. Drivers will remain in car until their heat is over; this means your whole body including arms!!! No smoking in vehicle!
6. Vehicles must have working brakes and observe boundaries at all times. Cars pushed out of bounds must re-enter the same way or be disqualified. Forward progress is not permitted on cars pushed out of bounds. Competing drivers will be waved off to allow car to re-enter track.
7. Hits must be aggressive, 30 second time limit.
8. Blatant driver’s door hits, when seen by an official, are an automatic disqualification. Get on the brakes if a driver’s door gets in your way. Shielding and/or sandbagging will be called at the officials’ discretion.
9. Cars will arrive on the track when called to compete in their heat.
10. No riding on derby cars or unsportsmanlike conduct will be tolerated. This is family oriented, profanity and /or hand gestures will result in being ejected from the grounds. This rule pertains to fans as well as drivers and their pit crew.
11. Heats and Features will be run as necessary. Bring spare parts. This applies to ALL classes.
12. Consolation heats will be run as needed.
13. Officials decisions are FINAL.
14. All cars can be re-inspected at any time before, during, or after the event, if a car is found to be illegal that driver will forfeit any awards or cash prizes and may be subject to future sanctions.
15. All participants must sign a waiver.
16. Any car doors that come open will result in disqualification.
17. Sandbagging and teaming will not be tolerated.
18. Vehicles that do not pass inspection the first time will be given 1 opportunity to make repairs and pass inspection. Driver only allowed at inspection. Inspection will close 1 hour prior to show start time, please plan accordingly.
19. There is NO grey area, if it is not in the rules do not do it, abuse the rule, lose the rule!!
20. No special front, side, or rear reinforcing is allowed, except for the drivers’ door.
21. No profanity is permitted on vehicle.
22. No riding of power wheels other than on the track
ABUSE THE RULES AND YOU WILL NOT RUN.
COMPACT CARS –
104” wheel base and under. Must be two wheel drive and be 4 cylinder ( NO AMC, NEW for 2020 92 and up Toyota Camry rounded body style will run 6cyl full size and mixed classe, square body 91 and older ok if 4 cyl) This is to even the class for true sub compact cars.
MIDSIZE CARS -
104” wheelbase and up to 113” FWD /109.5” RWD, 4 or 6 cylinders, NO Full Framers (Toyota Camry, AMC and Rule Exception: G-Body OK) *Wheelbase will be checked and strictly enforced, NO altered wheelbases. If needed, it is up to you to prove make and model by Vin and title.
FULL SIZE CARS –
Any full sized American made cars over 105” wheel base (no hearses or commercial vehicles) Open year- NO 68 or older Imperials.
COMPACT TRUCKS –
Any two wheel drive mini truck with 4 or 6 cylinders. (No full size trucks, 4x4, or El Caminos) Beds may be mounted with no more than 4 5/8” Max bolts, Max 3” Washers. Must run FACTORY Suspension components, rear axle, and no slider drive shafts.
COMPACT SUV -
Any small to mid-size SUV using only 2 wheel drive only(can originally be 4WD as long as 4 wheel drive assemblies are disabled and removed.) Must be 4 or 6 cylinders and be less than 116” center of front wheel to center of rear wheel. No open Jeeps or full sized SUV’s such as Blazers, Yukons, Suburbans, Expeditions, etc. If you have a vehicle in question be sure to check prior to the event. Must run FACTORY Suspension components, rear axle, and no slider drive shafts. Mini Vans- Any small minivan using only 2 wheel drive (can originally be all wheel drive as long as 4 wheel drive assemblies are disabled.) No full size vans, cube vans, ambulances, blazers, broncos, suburban, etc. Vehicle preparation 1. All glass (including the windshield), plastic trim, molding, grill, lights, and wheel weights (inside and outside) must be removed. 2. Vehicle must be completely swept clean. No broken glass, parts, tires, tools etc.… 3. Any sharp or protruding objects must be smashed down or cut off