Fun and Fair for everyone with the best trophies in the business
Fun and Fair for everyone with the best trophies in the businessFun and Fair for everyone with the best trophies in the business
GSP Mini Vans / Mini Trucks
COMPACT TRUCK –
Any two wheel drive mini truck with 4 or 6 cylinders. (No full size trucks, 4x4, or El Caminos) Beds may be mounted with no more than 4 5/8” Max bolts, Max 3” Washers. Must run FACTORY Suspension components, rear axle, and no slider drive shafts.
Any small to mid-size SUV using only 2 wheel drive only(can originally be 4WD as long as 4 wheel drive assemblies are disabled and removed.) Must be 4 or 6 cylinders and be less than 116” center of front wheel to center of rear wheel. No open Jeeps or full sized SUV’s such as Blazers, Yukons, Suburbans, Expeditions, etc. If you have a vehicle in question be sure to check prior to the event. Must run FACTORY Suspension components, rear axle, and no slider drive shafts.
Any small minivan using only 2 wheel drive (can originally be all wheel drive as long as 4 wheel drive assemblies are disabled.) No full size vans, cube vans, ambulances, blazers, broncos, suburban, etc.
1. Any factory car bumper may be used
2. Approved Aftermarket Bumpers will be allowed such as SMW (Ask First otherwise)
3. Homemade bumpers will be allowed: MAX 3/16” thick, 5” Depth X 8” Height, ends MUST be open, NO reinforcement, NO ADDING OF POINTS or MODIFICATIONS to any bumper, and MAX width/length no wider than front tires. All Strictly Enforced.
4. Bumper ends may be cut off and we must be able to see into bumper for inspection.
5. NO bumper bracket swaps if using brackets
6. Bumpers may be hard-nosed. Attachment cannot be more than 3 inches back on the frame from the bumper
7. Bumper seams may be welded
8. No loaded or gusseted bumpers
9. You may have #9 wire from bumper to core support in 2 spots, no more than 2 strands per spot.
CORE SUPPORT AREA
1. Fenders and hood must remain stock other than specified. Hood must be open for inspection and hood springs removed. Hoods must have an approximate 12”x12” hole cut out. Hoods may be removed if No Fan is used. Half Hoods are OK.
2. Hood may be chained, wired, or bolted shut from sheet metal to sheet metal only (no fastening to bumpers) in a maximum of 6 places. If wiring, 3” max washers may be welded to sheet metal on hood/fenders for wire to run through. If bolting, angle iron not to exceed 3x3” ½” max bolts.
3. Hoods may be held down with ½ inch maximum diameter all thread in 4 places, 2 mounted to top of core support and 2 to inner fender only, sheet metal to sheet metal only. No all thread going from hood to frame is permitted. These mounts will count toward the 6 places of securing hood, see above rule.
4. One hood opening may be bolted with 3/8 bolts. 10 bolts maximum.
5. Fenders may not be creased. No folding over.
6. Radiators must remain in the original position with original mounting or can be removed. Antifreeze must be removed and flushed from radiator and filled with water.
7. Spray foam may be used to help secure the radiator, but must not come in contact with or near the frame. Abuse of this rule will result in removal to pass inspection.
8. Wheel wells may be bolted in 5 places max with ½”bolts and MUST be trimmed down so they do not stick out, max 3” washers.
9. Battery must be removed from the engine compartment; it must be placed on the passenger floorboard, secured tightly, and covered. Battery box recommended.
1. No Protectors or BRACES
2. Headers are allowed and must exit through the hood.
1. Frames may be notched, you are not permitted to weld frames if cut for notching. No lengthening of frame. You may not paint, undercoat or throw mud on frame.
2. Front frame rails may be shortened to factory body mount in front of core support.
3. Compacts must retain a minimum of 1” between k frame and frame rails if altered, but must remain stock appearing, NO welding together, No welding sub frame to bumper.
4. Any frame repair must be approved by promoter before being done. 2 REPAIR plates (1 per side) on preran vehicles or for MAJOR rust repair. Welded only 2 sides of plate. Repair plates: Max 3” x 3”, 3/16” Max Thickness. Must be able to prove repair or rust. Must be major crease or torn frame. You are NOT entitled to Patch Plates because it is a pre run vehicle.
5. Stock type body mounts only. No oversized bolts or washers are permitted. No removal of rubber body mounts. No other alterations of body to frame permitted. NO banding and wiring to frame. Body mounts may be replaced with ½” bolts, but must remain stock in appearance using factory puck. OFFICIALS DISCRETION.
6. Additional modification of frame, suspension, or body to frame welding is not permitted.
7. No welding on frames or reinforcing other than specified
8. No hump plates
9. If we cannot see into the frame for inspection we may require a hole in the frame for visual access.
1. Front suspension ONLY may be locked. Can Not reinforce car in any way.
2. No added springs, altered or aftermarket struts or shocks allowed. No strut protectors. No additional suspension swaps or modifications. Coil blocks not permitted.
3. Tie rods may be reinforced or replaced.
4. Rear suspension must bounce. Factory leaf spring vehicles must remain factory. No leaf swaps or added leafs. Max 4 clamps per side, factory appearing.
5. Any 5 bolt factory rear end may be used. Welded Posi ok. NO BRACING. No aftermarket rear end/axle. Must be OEM type car rear end.
1. A windshield bar or chain is required. Max 3”x3” Mounting/Welding area. Max 2”x 2”diameter may extend to VERTICAL/Straight up and down roll over bar. This is for safety and roof sign mounting only. May not reinforce vehicle in any way. Wire mesh ok in windshield area.
2. Doors must be welded, chained, banded, or securely shut. If welding 4 plates per seam vertical and horizontal no more than 3”x 3” plates with minimum of 3” in between each . Driver’s door may be welded solid. Additional driver’s door reinforcement permitted not to exceed 2” beyond door seams.
3. All cars should have a white driver’s door.
4. Must have functional driver’s seat belt. All other seatbelts must be removed.
5. A four point cage for driver safety is recommended – this may consist of a dash bar, a bar behind seat (MANDATORY), and a bar across each door. Not to exceed more than 12 inches past the rear seat bar and or pillar. 3 inch maximum round or square.
6. 90 Degree Halo bars are permitted 3 inch maximum round or square. Halo must connect to bar/floating cage behind seat, run straight up (vertical to the ground), and across roof.
7. You ARE PERMITTED to build your gas tank mount off of the bar behind the seat. It CAN NOT be connected to any other sheet metal and cannot reinforce the vehicle in any way. Must remain 6” off of all ORIGINAL and STOCK position sheet metal including, but not limited to highest point of floor, decking, firewall, speaker deck, etc. MAX 24” wide.
8. Original fuel tank must be removed from under the car. An approved metal tank is to be secured tightly in the rear seat area. Tank must be in front of the rear axle and covered with a fire barrier before inspection. No plastic tanks are permitted. SEE gas tank mount rule above. Fuel injected vehicles must have a shut off switch clearly marked and labeled. Fuel Injection rated fuel line mandatory for safety.
9. All cars with electric fuel pumps must have a switch located on top center of dash clearly marked on/off.
10. Driver’s seat must be securely mounted. Floorboards must be solid. Repairs may be made to floors using similar gauge metal only. No excessive welding. No layering.
11. Fire Extinguisher recommended, secured near driver.
12. NEW 2020 MANDATORY 12’x 12” minimum Roof sign with large numbering clearly marked. In addition, we recommend Doors BE PAINTED WHITE with clearly marked number. Roof Signs and vinyl lettering are available through Cochran Decals, Cutting Edge Vinyl, and Mary Elliott.
13. Transmission coolers permitted, must be securely mounted and covered.
14. Battery must be securely mounted. Battery Box recommended.
1. A rear window bar may be installed, sheet metal to sheet metal only, roof to speaker decking only, using a maximum “3x3” mounting area. Can not touch the roof
2. tailgate, and rear hatches may be chained, wired, OR bolted shut from sheet metal to sheet metal only (no fastening to bumpers) in a maximum of 6 places. If wiring, 3” max washers may be welded to sheet metal. If bolting, angle iron not to exceed 3x3”, 2- ½” max bolts each. OR Tailgates may be welded in 4 locations max with no larger than 3”x3” plates, not touching.
3. Rear wheel wells may be bolted in 5 places max with ½” bolts and MUST be trimmed down so they do not stick out, max 3” washers.
4. No pointy bumpers on rear. See all other rules under front bumper above.
5. No wedged or sedagons. Fenders must retain factory height.
1. Any tire permitted, no fluid, foam, or foreign materials in the tires.
2. Valve stem protectors are permitted.
3. No Bead locks or rim protectors
4. No studded tires.
5. Wheel weights must be removed.
6. **No paddle or tractor type tires at any show at VENANGO COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS** due to track proximity to stands. DOT APPROVED DRIVE tires ONLY for Venango Co Fair Grounds.
Any questions concerning rules please contact: Grand Stand Promotions GSP Demolition Derby