Fun and Fair for everyone with the best trophies in the business
Fun and Fair for everyone with the best trophies in the businessFun and Fair for everyone with the best trophies in the business
2020 GSP STOCK RULES
1. If it is NOT LISTED in these rules DON’T DO IT
2. NO GREY AREAS. Stock classes are meant for fun, entertainment, and a great place for beginners or a quick, cheap build for anyone. This is a class for the driver and a little bit of luck like the old days
3. Officials Discretion Final on all rules and failure to follow rules will result in being bumped up to Mild class where available.
4. No Refunds
1. Any Compact Sub frame FWD passenger Vehicle that qualifies for our regular 4 Cylinder or 4/6 Cylinder Mid Size class. Up to 108” wheelbase for RWD (Except G Body which is full frame)
2. Stock bumpers must be used, may be butt welded, bolted, and or chained to bumper shock. No added metal. If chain is used max 1 link may be welded to frame, this is only to keep bumper from falling off.
3. No shortening or modifications to crush areas or frame
4. All subframe mounts to remain stock
5. No prebending
6. For all other rules see Stock Full Size below
FULL SIZE CARS STOCK
1. Any 80’s or Newer Style passenger style vehicle.
2. Motors must remain stock and make to make. Ex: GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc. $500 buyout motor only. Carb conversions OK
3. Headers allowed and must exit through hood
4. Battery and gas tank may be moved into passenger area, secured, covered, and leak proof.
5. 1 Front window bar or chain mandatory Max 3” wide, welded or bolted to first 2” of roof or cowl
6. Back seat bar strongly recommended. 4 point cage allowed, Max 4”. 6x6” Max end plates ok. Gas tank shelf allowed, must come off of back seat bar and be a MINIMUM 8” from ALL surfaces and have a back plate to protect tank, Halo bar for safety allowed, must be straight up and down(Perpendicular to the ground) and attach only to back seat bar. All cages must be safe and secure. No gusseting.
7. All components including Suspension and Steering must remain factory stock with the exception of aftermarket shifters allowed. No aftermarket parts allowed including but not limited to slider drive shafts, steering columns, protectors of any kind, transmission coolers, cradles, tierods, etc
8. No creasing, prebending, or wedging allowed
9. You may pre notch frame, no added metal or repair of notch in anyway
10. Frame must remain 100% stock, body mounts must remain stock as well
11. Driver’s door may be welded Max 3” wide and may be reinforced, NOT to exceed 2” beyond driver’s door seams. All other doors may be wired, bolted, or banded 4 per door. Pillars may be duct taped after inspection
12. Rear axle of vehicle must remain stock other than welding posi.
13. Tires must be DOT approved, max 8 ply, tubes OK, NO Mining, implement, tow motor, or skid tires allowed. No Sidewall protectors , No Valve stem Protectors, Tubes OK
14. Bumpers may be replaced with any 80s or newer style bumper, NO Seam welding, SMW Light ONLY bumpers OK, 4x4” Max light square tubing for bumper ok Max 1/8” Thickness. May be butt welded, bolted, and or chained to bumper shock. No added metal. If chain is used max 1 link may be welded to frame, this is only to keep bumper from falling off. Bumpers may be hardnosed using only 1welded pass on all sides of frame, NO Metal added, No shortening frame in any way. Officials Discretion.
15. Hoods and trunk lids may be wired or chained in Max 6 places after inspection, no added metal or washers. Can Not attach to bumper.